Under time pressure I would like to very fast mention all our successes in last two years:
- NOTA surivived upgrade to Spring 103.0 during 2016 and upgrade to Spring 104.0 in 2017. You already noticed that first round of upgrades was accompanied with the Tournament (see posts below). It ended up by release of NOTA 1.92
- We have celebrated nota’s 10th birthday on GDS 2016 by meeting people from 5 Spring projects on one place. Ten people (developers or even legacy players) made great show and also saw each other for first time. Check photos1 and photos2
- In coop with BETS team from the Charles University we released awesome AI tool for all Spring games – http://notalab.com/projects/bets/
- New webpage notalab.com is growing aside of this one (thats why we do not update this much :))
- We have celebrated nota’s 11th birthday with successfull presentation on GDS 2017 – check our great rollup 😉
- First students used our AI tool for passing their studies. Check presentation (300 MB) of one of them (especially video with nota behavior in action in last section)
- We started regular coop with Jakub Gemrot from https://gamedev.cuni.cz/home/ . Jakub spreads the word of NOTA on Charles University and in 2018 students will play NOTA and develop AI for it as part of one semestral course.
- We had first public AI presentations. PepeAmpere was speaker on nucl.ai 2016 and with same presentation he was speaking also on in Game dev hub Prague.
- With huge lobby support (thanks to Danil) we launched a treeMarket – place where people can exchange their behaviors via in-lobby integrated AI packages manager
- PoW was main power in production of cool promo materials (posters, new intro videos for nota, s44, AI conference etc.). Hundreds of hours spent on tweaking the videos every detail cost him a lot of valuable endrophines.
- Danil integrated Steam into our lobby and worked in parallel in preparing the independent infrastructure for future NOTA II launch
- As result of our assist with Spring: 1944 project release on Steam we improved the architecture of both projects – sharing libraries, sharing UI module, debugging tools
- Back in 2016 Pepe + Danil + PoW met on game-jam and at this event they discovered Ben McCulloch, sound artist – later author of all new sounds in new lobby and awesome Dog Song.
Click on the image and be taken away to the tournament stream!
We are stoned by this material for more than a decade! We can say just one thing. This is notAjoke!
When it comes to shooting, smile. 😆
Yes, NOTA page is back from two days hybernation. Like people feel bad after whole night spent with vodka or [noob]MrPwn4Lot_, our page feels a bit weak after few weeks in which have been spam sender for whole world, but especially for Nike and Goddes H&M. We wish better dayZ to our lovely page in upcomming months when new storm of news from notAspace will flood the world.
Btw nice end of summer to you all!
It looks like huge mess around NOTA. You, our players, deserve more info.
- We released NOTA 1.82 (ready for Spring 96.0) – list of changes you can find on forums
- Due current crazy Spring infrastructure it taken almost 4 days to “upadate” autohosts and things are still not ready – so we suggest to use dedicated autohosts notAhosts.
- Due transfer of nota repositories and packages to new storage we have still Lobby 4.7 as part of installer. Until new installer is done, users, which want to play new NOTA 1.82 + Spring 96.0 have to update to Lobby 4.8 manually. Ask Danil for link.
- There were found 3 minor bugs in NOTA 1.82 + Spring 96.0 yesterday (all units shooting subs, hitsphere of bug burrow, texture of spacebugs plasma shots)
- Play NOTA 1.80 + Spring 94.1 on notAhost1 if you want working game with no updates needed.
- Or play NOTA 1.82 + Spring 96.0 on notAhost2 and notAhost3 if you want test new version of game in new engine. For such you need manualy update your notalobby to version 4.8. All bugs you find report to Pepe or on forum.
- Expect NOTA 1.83 or newer version and expect new installer which gets you notalobby 4.8 automaticly. Both will be ready in few weeks (or maybe months, you know us ;).
Thx for patience.
What about a nice game of 2048. With NOTA Goddes.
Play it, play! Ejoy day! Free to play, so no pay! If bored, play different one, which not gay, as well, yay!
Hard to talk about something such horrible as is notAcancer. Hard to talk about something bad, if talking about bad things is forbidden. If just talking or linking spread notAcancer, how we face it!? Truly Catch-22.
Third window missing, rules are same as before. Here is window sample, fill it as good you are able. The best window become official 3rd window of this strip.
Our dear friend Forgotten Angel is now it the middle of his another performance show. Sadly or happily, it affects all of us, not just his own game, whole Spring games community reputation. Continue reading
Sister game On The Edge (OTE) was finally released. With many new cool special features – OTE creators say – and we trust them, because WE are OTE creators. Yes, its simple, no more complications, just link, link, like Linkin’ Park
- huge general fix and rebalance of all game hitspheres
- reworked tank fight balance
- air dominance is harder to be accoplished due increased demands on ground support
- new UI features
- tons of fixes of old annoying bugs
- Spacebugs fast and fixed even on Spring 94.1
- and much more!
Full list of changes on forum page or in repository changelog.
Benny notAnGel notForbidden is looking back at his forgotten game… history. And others are doing the same. NOTA is able to reflect its history in the same way – and you see – we are really stable – like hard rock in the middle of doomsday ocean!
Thx Godds, notAmap is here. And here, and here. 😆
Draven205 found for us one 1v1 archive match from times of engine 91 and NOTA 1.76. Don’t be scared by old UI, its worth of watch!
New lobby version is on the roof.
- UI – Remove Tray Icon for Linux
- ADS – Fix: Bird Eyes are watching you every time you launch lobby
- Messages – Fix: You don’t see your own messages
- Connection – Fix: You can’t join to battles due to your login name is not match server login name( pow[nota] and pow[NOTA] )
- BattleRoom – Fix: Some autohosts kicking you because of spam protection
- Sound – Make playing sounds like playing taunts
- JoinGame – Fix: HOST bug in Battle List ( in game name column is battle title )
NOTA installer is here, bringing new super cool Nota :: Lobby 4.0, downloading automaticly all needed and optional parts of content. All in few clicks.
- Friends list
- Channels list
- Chat & History
- In lobby taunts
- Invite people for chatting
- Single player
- Host battle
- Replays and NOTA-TV
- Auto-Download System (Rapid, Plasma)
- Lobby settings
- Spring Engine settings
For all news, check changelog
. All thanks go to danil_kalina
and all involved testers!